Stephanie Avatar

Friday, August 30, 2013

Thing #1

Being a Lifelong Learner... The hardest of these habits for me would be to create my own learning toolbox! Sometimes I don't know exactly what I will need, or where to go for information, so I tend to have an overload of tools! Finding specific tools and resources that best fit anything I am doing would be ideal, but I have not quite mastered that! The easiest of these habits for me would be that I take responsibilty for my own learning. Nothing I have accomplished so far in my education could have been done if I did not put this habit into practice. I made a consious decision that no matter what the circumstance; having a child, moving cross country, or financial set back, I was going to make it through college, and continue to graduate school...which is where I have made it to!! GO ME! However I will not stop taking responsiblity for my own learning EVER, there is no time when you can have to much knowledge, as a future educator I find this to be very important to remember and instill in students. Web 2.0 is something that before this class I wasn't aware I had used. After discovering what defines Web 2.0, I know now that I have in fact used it, and will be doing so quite a bit more within this class. For instance just by setting up this blog I am using Web 2.0!! Blogger has made this process incredibly easy. I am very excited to "track" our progress through class, and most likely continue with a blog thereafter!

2 comments:

  1. Stephanie, I enjoyed reading your post. I can relate to you because I feel the same about pushing through your situations to get to where you need to be. Also, I agree that having that hunger for more knowlege is important as an educator. How can you teach students if you yourself aren't teachable (meaning always willing to learn something new)? Is your family military? I know you mentioned moving across the country. I asked because my husband's military. So I definitely know the struggle and pressures of having to push through and finish school regardless of all the transitions you go through so that you can have a career you enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Candace, reading your comments are encouraging! I always hope that things I say aren't meaningless. It means a great deal to have feedback! My husband is military...he is in the Coast Guard! Looking forward to reading more of your posts and comments!

    ReplyDelete