Stephanie Avatar

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Thing #3

Ways that I might utilize a blog in my teacher education program is to create a timeline of my progress and experiences. I think it will be amazing to look back and see where I began, and what has transpired throughout the entire journey!

Ways that I might utilize a blog in my classroom are limitless! I can blog about activities we will be doing in the classroom, books we are currently reading, goals and rules that can be reinforced at home, among many other things. I will have the ability to interact with parents without having to bring them in for a meeting, or sending home letters everyday, where I might forget to include something; I can see how a blog could eliminate that problem. I can use one spot that parents past and present can log onto for resources and to gain other information about the classroom! I think it is a wonderful idea, and a great opportunity to interact more than the one or two conferences throughout the year. As a parent, I would really enjoy having a blog I could go check out for my children's classrooms. I plan to use that perspective to create my blog once I get into the classroom!!!

2 comments:

  1. I think you have some great ideas on how to use a blog as a teacher. It is important to create positive relationships with students and their parents and a blog would help in that aspect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with using the blog to reach out to parents. Especially if they subscribe to it and are notified when you post something new. Parental involvement is such an integral part of teaching children.

    ReplyDelete