Stephanie Avatar

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Thing #11

The method that I found to be of most ease to use is, the otion to find the little RSS symbol on my frequent websites. Many options exist for this including; music artists, pinterest blogs, etsy, public figures, shopping websites, the possibilities are limitless. I really enjoyed searching for that little button, once I learned what it was it becomes more interesting to seek out when browsing different sites. Once these are located, and now that I have a feedly account, I can easily access blogs or sites all from one place. The medthod I found to be confusing was the blogsearchengine.org. I say this because you search by key word, and there were so many options I was overwhelmed! Useful feeds for me range from the teacher education, craft, home decorating sites/blogs, etsy, musicians...all of these things are of great interest to me, and I utilize and seek out these types of sites, and blogs almost daily. Again having feedly to house these all in one place is great because I won't have to search for something over and over. I didn't find any that were unusual in particular. I feel like most of the searchable items were beneficial to someone, and I could become interested and educated on a topic quite quickly if I begin to follow. Like I stated I have seen this little RSS feed icon on many websites in the past, and continue to see it more and more. I have already mentioned starting something for my place of employment, so that we have resources to offer in some sort of blog form for our employees. In the future I could perhaps link with our other branches and we could all share ideas. This really is a wonderfully resourceful addition to the Internet world!

No comments:

Post a Comment