Stephanie Avatar

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Thing #12

GOOGLE!! I love the Google...I utilize this for so many different things in my daily life. From recipies, to house hunting it is all there. So many positivies exist with Google, especially with the new features that are being offered with gmail, the calendars, translate, and photos. The two tools I chose to explore future were the Google translate, and Google Calendar. The Google translate is awesome! So innnovative and useful for anyone! I, along with my office staff had a great time typing in different phrases and hearing them in other languages. I think this will be a great resrouce to use in the classroom if there is an English Language Learner in a classroom, a teacher can use Google translate to speak with, and even help give instructions for assignments. I actually have a classmate here at APSU that has used this for that reason in his classroom, which I find to be extremly helpful! The Google calendar is something I utilize for my Husbands musical endeavors, and for our family day to day. We actually set up a gmail account that we both have access to. This is where we do all of our communication with upcoming events; shows, meetings, radio interivews, etc. We also utilize this for family appointments, game days for my children, picture day, etc. We have found this to be extremly helpful to stay organized. As a busy family of 5, with two full time jobs, and myself attending school full time, it gets crazy! Either of these can be used edcuationally. As mentioned above a classmate of mine uses the Google translate to speak with students, and assist with assignments. It is also edcuational because you can virtually learn a different language. The Google calendar can be useful as a teacher to organize lesson plans, send out inviations to events and those be added to your calendar, all around great organizational tool! Google is wondeful, and I hope they keep putting out more and more resources!

No comments:

Post a Comment