Stephanie Avatar

Friday, December 6, 2013

Thing #20



YouTube is wonderful. The video I chose is not related to education per say. However, it is one of my motivations for wanting to become a teacher. My family has moved here to Tennessee to chase my husbands dreams. Not only did we come here to find that, it is also where I found the oppurtunity to follow my own dreams of becoming a teacher! I chose this video to share with everyone first how awesome my husband is at singing and songwriting, but secondly because it shows you can make a video anywhere, and about anything. Editing or not videos on youtube can be entertaining, and it helps someone learn about a topic in a different manner.
Visual learners are not the only ones who benefit from videos. Also, ADHD students can be relaxed by having a pair of headphones on watching a video in class. As an educator I have the resources to create videos while I am out for the day, I can create my own YouTube channel and upload lessons from the classroom for students and parents to view. YouTube is wonderful because it is free, and easily accessible. I can see myself using this tool in my classroom regularly.
The new tool I have found is...
I am awful with grammer. It is not because I don't know how to write, it is because my ideas are move far to fast than my fingers. At times I might miss a comma or period. This will aide in helping me find those areas, and avoid embarrasment, and most relevant now a bad grade! It is also something I can share with my students to utilize.

No comments:

Post a Comment